Welcome to The 2% Project
Welcome to The 2% Project and Thank you for visiting!
So what is The 2% Project?
The 2% Project is an ongoing effort to bridge the gap between consumers (which includes everyone) and those who produce our food, ie farmers, producers, growers etc.
If you are a consumer concerned about where your food comes from, how its made and how it gets to your plate, this project is for you. If you are a farmer who wishes to tell your Farm Story to educate others about what you produce, how you produce it, why you do what you do and how you got to where you are today, this project is for you. The 2% Projects purpose is to correctly educate others (consumers and farmers alike) by providing factual information to lessen the educational and generational gaps between consumers and farmers, and bring the understanding of todays modern farms to all of our dinner tables.
Why is there a gap between consumers and farmers today? Three facts can answer that question.
- Today, a mere 2% of todays population produce (originate) quality food products for the remaining 98% as well as themselves.
- The average person is said to be 3 generations removed from direct contact with todays farm.
- Todays modern farms are much different than farms were years ago, and many of the modern farming practices used today are largely misunderstood by the general public and by other farmers as well.
These facts are the basis for this project. With the average person being 3 generations removed from a farm, the modernization of todays farms and only 2% of the population actually farming these days, it’s totally understandable that the majority of people are not familiar with or simply don’t know where, how or by who their food is produced. The 2% Project will provide both consumers and farmers,(producers, growers) an opportunity to gain a better understanding of each other through respectful education on how modern farms work. This will be done by giving the farmer an opportunity to tell their own unique “Farmer’s Story” about their farm, family, what products they produce as well as how and where they produce it.
Just like any business you may patronise in our cities and towns, every farm is unique, every farm family has their own history and story to tell. Therefore every effort will be made to invite and include farms of all types (large and small, Livestock, Grain etc), methods (ie Organic, Conventional, GMO,etc), and end products. Currently Farmers who produce everything from meats to grains, as well as other food products are involved in The 2% Project and are looking forward to posting their Farm Story here on this projects page. Their stories will be posted in the near future, so feel free to check back often, comment on their stories, get to know and talk to the farmers and get involved in:
one of the most important things there is in life,
For more information or to be directly involved in the project, email me at:
Thank you for your interest in The 2% Project!